- REQUIRED EQUIPMENT & USE OF
- All necessary sound and recording equipment shall be provided by the
Official Event Timekeeper.
- This includes
- A whistle.
- The whistle is used by the timekeeper to inform the referee, judges,
trainers & the fighters when there is 10 seconds left in the round break.
- After the timekeeper blows the whistle once, they will shout out "Seconds
- TWO Stop watches
- For official timing of the rounds and rest periods.
- Extra in case one fails.
- IKF approved round bell.
- Hammer or Slap Paddle.
- This is used to slap together or hit the ring canvas "3" Times
when there is 10 seconds remaining in the fighting round.
- The bell will be no higher than the floor level of the ring.
- The bell or gong shall be of clear tone so that the fighters and assistants
may easily hear it.
- AMATEUR ROUND LENGTHS & REST
- All amateur non title fights are scheduled for 3, 2 minute rounds with a 1
minute rest periods between each round.
- All Amateur TITLE FIGHTS will be 4 (State) or 5 (National & Up) , 2
minute rounds with a 1 minute rest periods between each round.
- TIMEKEEPERS DUTIES
- See "REQUIRED EQUIPMENT & USE OF"
above plus the following
- To keep official time of each bout.
- To assist the referee in counting over a downed fighter in the case of
- When a fighter is knocked down or purposely falls down without the will to
stand, the Timekeeper must begin the count of the downed fighter once the fallen
fighter touches the ring floor. The timekeeper will do so by the use of his/her
fingers clear and visible, high over his/her head until the referee picks up the
count from them.
OFFICIALS - GUIDELINES
- All IKF Event
officials shall be employed by the promoter and be approved by the IKF Event Representative ONLY.
- Each official must know all rules and regulations for an
IKF kickboxing event. To find properly
qualified officials, contact the local athletic commission or work with the IKF directly to select the best qualified officials
for each position.
- The IKF reserves all
rights to deny or appoint all necessary officials if the promoter's selections
do not meet the required qualifications of the IKF.
- Any official is found under the influence of ANY drug or
alcohol immediately prior to or during the event shall be fined by the IKF $500.00 and placed on a suspension
determined by the IKF.
- Any official at an IKF
event shall give permission to the IKF for
drug testing before or after any bout, especially if the bout is a title match.
If any official is found under the influence of ANY drug, the official shall be
fined by the IKF $500.00 and placed on a
suspension determined by the IKF.
- ALL officials must be pre-approved and licensed by the
IKF "UNLESS" other
IKF approved officials in the Promoters area are
available for the event.