- NO CONTEST: When a no fault foul happens in the first round and 1
or both cannot continue.
- WINNER, LOSER: Unanimous Decision, Majority Decision or Split
- DRAW: When all 3 score cards show equal points to each fighter.
- MAJORITY DRAW: When 2 out of the 3 judges score equal amount of
points to both fighters.
- UNANIMOUS DECISION: When all 3 judges score the same winner.
- SPLIT DECISION: When 2 judges score one fighter a winner and the
third judge scores the other fighter a winner.
- MAJORITY DECISION: When 2 judges score one fighter a winner and the
third judge scores both fighters EVEN, as a draw.
- TECHNICAL WIN (TW): TECHNICAL LOSE (TL), TECHNICAL DRAW: Usually
resulting from a Foul.
The outcome of this event was judged by the scorecards of the previous rounds.
- TECHNICAL FORFEIT, TECHNICAL WIN: Usually from a pre-event
disqualification or from invalid fight experience: not giving actual experience
to the matchmaker prior to the event.)
A fighter has been stopped from fighting from
taking too many blows or maybe knocked down 3 times in one round, but can
still stand or is not knocked "OUT". This is a fighter who is
obviously hurt and the referee feels he/she cannot continue any longer. Any
fighter who loses their bout by TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT will be suspended from
Fighting for 45 days.
- If the TKO (TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT) stop was not due to a headblow the fighter,
trainer and or manager may make a request in Writting to the IKF Headquarters for a "Suspension
Waiver". Examples of bouts
that end with a TKO decision that "Could" be accepted for "Suspension Waiver". are:
- A stop from an injury, except broken bones. (EX: Pulled muscle, twisted
- Stop from a body blow that did not do any internal damage or break any
- Fighter was simply too tired to continue. To read more detail about the
suspension rules and regulations
A fighter shall be awarded a knockout if he knocks his opponent to the ring
floor and the opponent is OUT COLD by the count of 10. In the IKF, a "KNOCKOUT" indicates that a fighter
was "OUT COLD" after a strike. Any fighter
who loses their bout by KO, or KNOCKOUT will be suspended from Fighting for 45
days. It is the responsibility of the fighter, trainer and manager to
respect and abide by this rule for the personal safety of their own fighter.
- Their are no "Suspension Waivers"
allowed for true KNOCKOUT loses. This is for the protection of the fighters.
To read more detail about the suspension rules and regulations
the decision after an excessive
Foul (or 1 harsh
Foul.). The IKF Referee and IKF
Ringside Representative shall make such a decision.
- FOR EXAMPLE: If a fighter is injured from a
Foul, and the fight
continues, but is later stopped because of additional injury to the fouled area,
the score cards will be tallied. If the fighter fouling is ahead on the score
cards a TECHNICAL DRAW will be the result of the fight. If the fighter not
fouling is ahead, he will be awarded a TW (Technical Win) and the
fighter fouling will be awarded a TL (Technical Los) or DISQUALIFICATION.