TRAINERS & FIGHTERS
Be Aware Of ALL Registration, Seeding &
Matchmaking Rules For The
IKF WORLD CLASSIC
THE IKF WORLD CLASSIC
RULE STYLE and
- FIGHTER SEEDING
- Regional Tournament Seeding only applies BEFORE FIRST DEADLINE!
- AFTER FIRST DEADLINE
passes, all fighters will be seeded according to WHEN their registration is
- First Seeding right goes to the Previous Years Defending Champion if in the
SAME weightclass and rule style.
- If no Previous Years Defending Champion, the next potential seed position
goes to a fighter who fought in an actual regional division bout at a regional
event and won his/her match.
- If there is more than 1 winner, the seeding will be determined by WHEN the
fighters Registration Form is RECEIVED here at IKF
- If no Regional Winner, the next potential seed position goes to a fighter
who Lost a Regional Seeding Tournament Bout.
- If no Regional Winner or loser who fought, the next potential seed position
goes to a fighter who Registered at a Regional Seeding Tournament but did not
have a bout.
- ALL OTHER FIGHTER SEEDING will be determined by WHEN the
fighters Registration Form is RECEIVED
here at IKF Headquarters.
- FIGHTERS WHO FOUGHT AT A "REGIONAL"
- There are not always Regional Qualifying Tournaments to fight in, so this
rule may not apply to anyone or very few.
- For fighters who qualified and plan to attend the Finals as a Regional
Winner or Walkover (No regional to attend or no opponent at their regional)
CANNOT change their RULE or WEIGHT DIVISION at the World Classic.
- They MUST Compete at the World Classic in the SAME RULE DIVISION
and SAME WEIGHT DIVISION as they Won their Regional level event at or
Registered as a Walkover at.
- PRIOR TO FIRST DEADLINE
- MANDATORY: All Fighters must choose a
RULE DIVISION, FIGHTING STYLE & WEIGHTCLASS to Fight in.
- AFTER BRACKET CLOSING DEADLINE OF
JUNE 2nd, 2017:
- ALL DIVISIONS WITHOUT A MINIMUM OF -1- FIGHTER IN THEM WILL CLOSE AS OF THE
BRACKET CLOSING DEADLINE OF JUNE 2nd, 2017.
- If you register AFTER THE BRACKET CLOSING DEADLINE OF JUNE 2nd, 2017, you must register into a division
that has at least 1 Fighter Listed in it. NOT A CLOSED DIVISION!
- If there are no fighters in or close to your weight and or rule division
you registered for, for the World Classic, you will be given a choice within 1
week after the Registration Deadline date to either change weightclass, rule
style or any other suggestion to try and help you be registered into a strong
- If nothing works, you will be offered either a full credit for the
following year or given a refund of your Finals Registration Fees.
DIVISIONS AFTER YOU REGISTER
- ONCE YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED
- You cannot move from your originally registered division / weightclass or
rule style once registered UNLESS there are:
- NO OTHER FIGHTERS in your division / weightclass.
- The division / weightclass you are "REQUESTING" to move to has
equal or more fighters who all have equal or greater skill level as the division
you originally registered in.
- MATCHMAKING AFTER JULY 1st, 2017:
- If a fighter has at least 1 matched fighter in their registered bracket,
they cannot move unless there are 4 or more other contenders in the division
they are requesting to move from.
- Since this is a "TOURNAMENT" we try
to make it a "LEGIT"
TOURNAMENT match up.
Meaning we try to assure
that to become a "TOURNAMENT" Champion,
that fighter will fight a minimum of 2 times to win the Title.
- If the division has 4 or more other fighter's, the requesting fighter may
ONLY move to another division if it has;
- MORE Contenders in it.
- The skill level of those in the division the fighter is moving to is
greater than the division they are requesting to move out of.
CREATING THE ACTUAL
FOR THE WORLD CLASSIC
-The Goal of ANY "TOURNAMENT" is to assure a fighter fights at least
TWO TIMES to win a "TOURNAMENT"
MATCHMAKING BEGINS 10 DAYS PRIOR TO FINAL DEADLINE
IS DONE TO STRENGTHEN EACH DIVISION.
- Keep in mind this is a World "TOURNAMENT" and The goal of ANY
Tournament is to assure a fighter fights at least TWO TIMES to win a "TOURNAMENT"
- If you are in a division with only 1 or 2 other opponents, there are
several issues you need to be aware of:
- If IKF leaves you in a 2-3 Fighter Division, you have a risk of not winning
anything at all.
- If your opponent(s) "No Show" or does not make weight at the
World Classic, you don't have anyone else to fight and would win nothing.
- IKF's Goal is to assure there are at least 4 fighters in EVERY TOURNAMENT
- To do so, you may be asked to move to another weightclass, rule style or
- Divisions with 4 or more fighters in it are noted as the "Majority"
Division and are never asked to move.
- Divisions with 3 or less fighter's in them are what the IKF has called, "Jeopardy"
Divisions, meaning they are in jeopardy of not having a fight, let alone a
minimum of 2.
- When messages are placed on brackets, please keep in mind that these are "REQUEST"
and not a "DEMAND". You are allowed to make your own
suggestions as well.
- MOVE TO WEIGHT DIVISION CHANGE REQUEST
- This is always the first request during matchmaking because it is the
simplest to do.
- CATCHWEIGHT CHANGE REQUEST
- If moving to a different weightclass is not possible due to difference in
fighter's weight, this is the next option.
- Catchweights are when the IKF combines TWO Weight Divisions together to
make 1 strong division. Example:
- There are 2 fighters in 127.1 lbs. - 132 lbs. and 2 fighters in 132.1 lbs.
- 137 lbs.
- To give all 4 fighters equal requirements to make the weight and not be
matched up against a fighter much heavier than the 2 lighter fighters, to make
the CATCHWEIGHT, IKF would subtract off of the heaviest weight and add at the
lowest weight and still maintaining the minimum required weight spread. In this
case, that spread is 5 lbs.
- For the example given, the CATCHWEIGHT here would be 130.1 to 135.
- RULE STYLE CHANGE REQUEST
- Due to Safety and Experience reasons, IKF Cannot suggest a fighter to move
to a division that uses more weapons / skills than they have registered for.
- IKF Can make a suggestion for a fighter to fight in a division of less
weapons than the one they registered in.
- A Muay Thai Fighter can be asked to move to International Rules.
- An International Rules fighter can be asked to move to Full
Contact/American High Kick Rules.
- However, an International Fighter can not be asked to move to Muay Thai
- And a Full Contact/American High Kick Rules fighter can not be asked to
move to International Rules.
- NO POSSIBLE OPTIONS WORK
- If the IKF has made every possible suggestion to try and get you a bout or
into a stronger division, and nothing works, you may not have a bout unless IKF
feels that a 2 fighter or 3 fighter bracket is the best possible option for you.
AFTER WEIGH-INS ARE COMPLETED AT THE
IKF WORLD CLASSIC
- All FINAL MATCHMAKING and BOUT ORDER for each bout at the
FINALS will be Confirmed
AFTER the Official Weigh-Ins.
- If a fighter weighs-in heavier than their registered fight weight division,
whether at the Regional Level or the Finals, they will be given "2 HOURS"
to LOSE the Weight to make their Registered weight class. NO FIGHTER MAY "GAIN"
Weight to make their weight class. If a Fighter weighs-in UNDER their weight
class, they will be automatically disqualified from competition without any
refund of any registration fees. If after 2 hours, the fighter is still unable
to make their registered weight, they will be disqualified from competition
whether at the Regional Level or the Finals, without any refund of registration
- THE MAXIMUM A FIGHTER CAN LOSE IS 2% of their
- BOUT SCHEDULE
- All bout schedules and matches will be posted AFTER MIDNIGHT on several
display boards outside in front of the Event Ballroom Doors.
- Bouts will be posted under Rule styles and the Ring they will be fought in,
in bracket form.
- All 2 Person Brackets will only have 1 fight which will be on Championship
- All 2 Fighter Brackets will fight first thing Sunday morning, working our
way to the largest brackets of the tournament fighting last to allow them more
- Fighters left without a bout will not be allowed to move to a different
- This would only disrupt/upset those fighters in that division as they are
ONLY set and prepared to fight who is listed in their division.
- WALKOVER CHAMPIONS
- There will be NO WALKOVER CHAMPIONS. A fighter must fight at least
1 fight to win whether Novice (Trophy Cup) or Open Class (Belt).
- "HOWEVER", IF a fighter came to the World Classic in a
bracket of 4 or more fighters and none of their confirmed opponents showed up or
made their weight at the weigh-in, the lone remaining fighter will be awarded
the title by walkover.