Rural Metro Corporation
Corporation of Florida, 4728 Old Winter Garden Road, Orlando, FL, Office:
"People Taking Care of People - Together we can do
- Advanced Life Support (ALS): Capable and equipped for
- Advanced life saving
- Airway management
- IV/medication delivery/ advanced cardiac care
- Lifepack 12: monitoring/pacing/defibrillation.
- Paramedics who function regularly in the 911 system.
- DESIGNATED AMBULANCE: Unit on site for purpose of rendering
medical care in the event a participant required care.
- Paramedic: Certified in the State of Florida to practice as a
- EMT: Certified in the State of Florida to practice as an EMT.
- Emergency Transport Unit: Ambulance responded to a scene to
transport a patient.
- Rural Metro of Central Florida
- 2 ALS Designated Ambulance units
- 3 Paramedics
- 3 EMT's
- All staff will come with both basic and advanced life support equipment
according to their scope of practice.
- In addition, there will be:
- A sharps box
- Red bag
- O2 tank with NRB attached, as required by the boxing commission, in each of
the 2 locker rooms.
- STANDARD PROCEDURE
- If a transport is necessary, the "Designated Ambulance" crew will
call for a transport unit as soon as it is apparent there may be a transport.
- If the patient is ready to be transported and is
critical, the "Designated Ambulance" unit will transport
and the responding unit will become the "Designated Ambulance" until
- If the patient is not critical, the responding unit will transport when
they arrive on scene and the "Designated Ambulance" unit will remain
- SCHEDULED TIMES
- If the event runs over the scheduled time, all crews will remain on scene
until released by Chief Event Physician, Dr. Allan Fields
Rural Metro Contact Person: Laura Presto,
Communications Supervisor/EMT, Rural/Metro Corporation of Florida