The Date And Location For The
IS NOW OFFICIAL!
Get Ready To
"Walk The Walk"
"Bring It ON!"
Of The Gladiators"
The 2016 IKF
World Classic will be the 18th Year of this Prestigious Tournament.
Like last year, our focus was on keeping the costs down for the participant of
this event, which seems to be harder and harder to do every year.
The Hotel market nationwide is on a drastic increase, which
made the decision on location for the 2016 event even harder to negotiate.
Especially in the number one holiday destination in the world, Orlando, Florida.
Hotels in Orlando that use to give us room rates between $129
and $139 a night are now asking, and getting fees for those same rooms for
prices like $179 to $225 a night. Although we could have signed on the dotted
line with one of these resort locations, we stuck to our goal of making the
World Classic affordable. we also kept in mind what many brought to our
attention 2 years ago and more so this year. To please find a location closer to
more restaurants and other activities within walking distance. Well, we
accomplished this last year, and continued to do so for the 2016 IKF World Classic.
After months of negotiating with several Hotels, we came to
the conclusion that the location that offered the best deal for all involved was
once again, the same location we selected for last years 2015 IKF World Classic. Especially since they're
doing some major renovations during the winter and spring months ... Over
30 Million in renovations...
IKF World Classic
July 22nd, 23rd & 24th,
IKF WORLD CLASSIC
THE BEST SHOW-UP PERCENTAGE
THAN ANY OTHER TOURNAMENT
The majority of the
tournaments around the world would like everyone to believe that the big win is
in the number of registered fighters. However, the REAL WIN is the
number of fighters who "Show-Up" to actually compete. Some
hide these numbers by only posting the Champion and second place finishers.
Since the first IKF Tournament, we have
always posted EVERY CONTENDER on our results pages (CLICK HERE). With
this in mind, of the 358 who have registered for this years IKF World Classic, 332
are still on schedule to "Show-Up' and actually "Walk the
To give you a perspective of drops, in that record breaking
year of 2010, of the 320 who registered, 268 were how many fighters that showed
up to "Walk the Walk!" Here is a breakdown of the past 14
years with total number of registered fighters listed first. Those who showed up
second and the number of dropped as a percentage number.
- FIRST YEAR: 1999: 91 Registered Fighters, / 72 Showed Up To Fight!
An 80% Show Up Percentage: Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA.
- 2000: 145 / 116 - 80%: Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA.
- 2001: 266 / 207 - 77%: Olathe, Kansas, USA.
- 2002: 244 / 200 - 82%: Davenport, Iowa, USA.
- 2003: 242 / 220 - 90%: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.
- 2004: 257 / 220 - 86%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2005: 270 / 240 - 89%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2006: 217 / 190 - 88%: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.
- 2007: 201 / 194 - 97%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2008: 262 / 229 - 87%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2009: 280 / 237 - 85%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2010: 320 / 268 - 84%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2011: 282 / 226 - 80%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2012: 298 / 228 - 77%: Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2013: 361 / 289 - 80%: Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2014: 310 / 257 - 82%: Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2015: 304 / 230 - 75%: Orlando, Florida, USA
- AVERAGE PERCENT Of Registered Fighters
That show-up to the IKF
As you can see, it's not always about the number of registered
fighters. It's about "HOW MANY" actually show up to "Walk
The Walk" and meet up Face to Face to compete with their peers. Last year
the IKF World Classic
numbers dropped below 80% because like in 2012, we had a lot of fighters switch
to semi contact point kickboxing. The fighters who compete in the IKF Point
Kickboxing are not included in the "Show Up" numbers. If so we
would average between 9 to 14% higher.
The bottom line here is, "Fighters SHOW-UP" to the IKF World Classic!
As one trainer put it, "Just showing up, and being placed in the
results is a big plus on a fighters resume. And to win it... Even more."
Keep in mind this. The IKF
World Classic is not the only thing the IKF
does year around. The IKF is not just a "Regional"
sanctioning body. The IKF is Worldwide,
and being so draws a lot more credibility and recognition to the IKF World Classic
Champions as well as contenders. There are plenty of places fighters can win
titles today, However, when you win an IKF
Title, or an IKF World
Classic Title, You'll be remembered as a Champion Forever!
IKF World Classic Belt Above...
The 2015 IKF World
Classic Belt Above...
What Will The 2016 IKF World Classic Belt Look
Like? Just Wait And see...
- WHAT ELSE IS GREAT ABOUT THE 2016
IKF WORLD CLASSIC?
- FIGHTER REGISTRATION FEE
- Early Fighter Registration Fee is STILL ONLY $55.00!
- See all the Fighter Registration Deadlines by Clicking
- LOW HOTEL RATE
- During the IKF Tournament time, rates at the DoubleTree
by Hilton start at $169.00 per night Plus Resort Fees.
if you register under the IKF Kickboxing room Block, Your Room Rate Is ONLY
$119.00! - And NO RESORT FEES!
- THINGS CLOSE BY
- Along with restaurants in the Hotel parking lot such as our favorite,
Miller's Orlando Ale House - Kirkman, which is also
the restaurant the hotel uses for room service,
TGI Fridays, Golden
Corral and others.
- The Host Hotel is directly across the street to the main entrance of
Orlando which includes
Located just outside both Universal Orlando theme parks,
CityWalk is a 30 acre entertainment complex and offers the best in restaurants,
nightclubs, shopping, and more.
Catch a movie at the AMC Universal Cineplex
20 with IMAX, experience the world-renowned Blue Man Group, savor a gourmet
There is something for everyone at CityWalk, The Entertainment
Capital of Orlando!
- Universal CityWalk has restaurant choices such as
- Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- NASCAR Sports Grill
- Pat O'Brien's New Orleans Watering Hole
- Emeril's Restaurant Orlando.
FOR ALL 2016 IKF WORLD CLASSIC TOURNAMENT INFO