Fossum, IKF President
Thompson, Event Promoter & President Of Ironspirit Promotions,
Trainers, Competitors, And Officials
And/Or Participating In
IKF North American Amateur "Full Contact
Rules" Kickboxing Championships.
Fight Camps And Those Officiating In This Event.
Thank you very much for your interest and participation in the
first ever, IKF NORTH
AMERICAN AMATEUR "FULL CONTACT RULES" KICKBOXING CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The 2003 North American Championship Tournament will be held once again in South
Carolina in November. In order to make things go smoothly for everyone involved,
we have provide all fight camps and officials with some logistical information
- EVENT DATE:
- Fighter Check-In & Registration:
- Fight Day:
- LOCATION OF EVENT
- This years IKF
North American Championships will be held at the Palmetto Expo
Center, Greenville, South Carolina, USA
- HOST HOTEL INFO
- The HOST HOTEL for this years IKF North American Championships will be the
La Quinta Inn & Suites. Room rates are $49/night for two double
beds, $59/night for King Exec. and $85/night for two room suite. These prices
include breakfast each day. Shuttle to and from the airport as well as to and
from the venue is also included in the price.
- Booking Instructions:
- TICKET INFORMATION TICKET PRICES:
- $17.50 For ALL - First Come - First
Serve for best seating.
- CORNER/FIGHTER EVENT PASSES - BADGES
- Each fight camp (not each fighter) will be issued three "corner"
badges to enter the event at a cost of $5.00 each. Trainers are required to
purchase their badges at the MANDATORY Friday night rules meeting. Each fighter
will also receive a "fighter" badge with their photo on it which is
covered by your registration fee. This badge has been made for you at IKF
- PHOTOS: Fighters who did not send in
a Photo with their registration will be charged $10 for their photo to be taken
and Fighter ID Badge to be made at the event.
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14th
- 5:30 - 7:PM: Fighters Check-In, Weigh-ins & Pre-fight Dr.'s
- 7:00 PM: Fighter rules meeting. ALL
FIGHTERS and CORNERMEN MUST BE PRESENT AT THIS MEETINGS!
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 15th
- 8:00 AM: Doors open for fighters and trainers to prepare for their
- 9:00 AM: Doors open for spectators.
- 9:30 AM: First fight begins. ALL FIGHTERS MUST BE READY TO FIGHT.
- FIGHTERS MUST REMAIN ON PREMISES.
- 5:30 PM: All preliminary bouts end. (that's the plan anyway)
- 7:00 PM: 2003 IKF
North American Championship title bouts begin.
- FIGHTER BRACKETS
- A fighter bracket will be posted at the venue for your
inspection. The fights will be numbered to give you an idea of when your fight
will occur. Fight camps need to make sure their fighters are within the
specified weight classes for the weigh-in on Friday night.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THE RING TO PARTICULAR MUSIC, PLEASE MAKE A CD,
LABEL IT WITH YOUR NAME, AND GIVE IT TO THE D.J./RING ANNOUNCER WHEN YOU ARRIVE.
(NIGHT TIME EVENT ONLY) THE IKF
WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MUSIC THAT HAS PROFANITY OR VULGAR
LYRICS. IF THIS DOES HAPPEN, THE APPROPRIATE SANCTIONS WILL BE
ADMINISTERED. IKF EVENTS ARE FAMILY-ORIENTED EVENTS.
- IKF REGISTRATION
- All fighters are required to register
with the IKF prior to competing in a IKF sanctioned tournament. The
registration fee is $45 and must be paid to
the IKF prior to the event. All fighters
are also required to complete registration forms
for the IKF to ensure proper information
for the rankings. THIS MUST BE DONE A.S.A.P.!!!!!
To Register, CLICK HERE!
- In case you need to reach anyone concerning this event,
here are the people you can contact: Upstate Karate, Inc. Ray or
Gloria Thompson at (864) 967-3930, Cell (864) 505-4237, e-mail-
- TRAVEL EXPENSES
- Since this is a TOURNAMENT and not a General
Event, all fighters are required to pay their own travel expenses. We suggest
each fighter to seek
SPONSORS to pay for their travel expenses and in return, list these
sponsors on fight clothing, warm up robes, cornermens jackets trainer T-shirts,
hats or other areas you feel you can offer your sponsor exposure. The Promoter
of this event will negotiate special rates with hotels and restaurants in the
event area to attain special discount rates for the incoming fighters and
trainers. We appreciate your work in this MUCH NEEDED AREA.
- SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Provided by La Quinta Inn & Suites.
Thank you for your interest in this event and
your commitment to helping the IKF
legitimize the "TITLES" of the sport of kickboxing. We are looking
forward to making this a great night of IKF
Steve Fossum IKF
President Iron Spirit